Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Monday, September 5, 2011

Downpour


Rain. RAIN RAIN RAIN!
More rain…
Pause



RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN RAIN!
Today we had some rain. Well, we had a lot of rain, actually. I have to say, it was quite the experience. At first, I was somewhat upset to wake up to a downpour. Hehe ;) I walked outside (because I can’t run), hopped on my bike, and began riding off into the distance. I had gotten no further than about 10 feet when my feelings about the rain began to change. My spirits were instantly lifted as I heard the faint noise of a trolley coming my way. I skidded to a stop, hopped off, and hopped on. I would now not be extremely wet for my first class. Booyah!
After my first class was over, I decided to have a little fun. I love people watching, so I just sat under the patio and watched an endless amount of frantic people scurry in and out of the doors. Like a bunch of beaten puppies, they tucked tail and ducked for cover.  I, however, did the exact opposite. I absolutely love rain. I love seeing rain, watching rain, sitting in the rain, walking in rain, jogging in the rain, skipping in the rain, running in the rain, sing… haha nah… but you get the idea: I love rain!
After getting my fill of watching frantic frenzies, I went for a little stroll. As I wandered around, getting soaked, I came upon a little flooded area in the park. It literally looked like a miniature lake. At the epicenter of the lake lay a place to sit and stay. Wading into the water, I found a suitable place to have a seat. Amidst the high waters there was a perfectly empty bench just asking to be joined; and join it I did. Lounging surrounded by mossy oaks, I observed the intricate dances of rippling rain as it sounded its persistent rhythm on surfaces all around. Had it not been raining hard, I could have probably fallen asleep there.
Sadly, I had to go to class, but first I snagged some food form the Caf. Sticking with the wet theme of the day, I had cereal. Great meal :) After a filling meal, I slipped into my psychology class dripping wet. The fun part came from hearing all of the people complain about the rain as if they were going to melt away. To add to the excitement, our topic of discussion was on dreams. I love talking about these things, partially just because I’m really interested in psychology. I got to ask my professor a little bit about sleep paralysis, which I have experienced. It was pretty cool to get a psychologist’s point of view on the matter.
After my class, I walked back to my dorm, got a shower, changed into some warm clothes, and took a nap. Pretty chill afternoon if you ask me.
Now I’m up and blogging. Gotta love it.
One Love
God’s Love

6 comments:

  1. You gotta be kidding! Purposely getting drenched. To each his own!.....Sorry we missed you this week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Getting drenched on purpose is a pleasure no-one should deny themselves, at least once in their life. There is something magical about it.

    I loved this post :-)


    (off-topic: what did the psychologist say about sleep paralysis? just curious!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Antonella- I fully agree. I take it upon myself to get drenched for the people who may never have the opportunity to do so.

    Glad you enjoyed the post!

    The psychologist said that there is nothing wrong with me if I am experiencing sleep paralysis. When asked how often I have felt this sensation, I was able to say only 3 times. His response was that the majority of people will experience sleep paralysis at some point in their lifetime, and as a result, I should not be concerned. Had I been experiencing it on a regular basis, he would have wanted to consult me at a later time.

    I can't wait to tell you what happened to me yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ditto!

    Sleep paralysis only happened to me once, but i sure have had enough :-) i'm glad i don't have to worry about it

    ..so do tell what happened to you yesterday man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! also i forgot to compliment whomever took that picture...you i assume?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Antonella- Yeah... That was me. Thanks for the compliment!
    I hope to have the yesterday's story posted by sometime tonight.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...