Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Surrounded by Water


I haven’t been able to take many photos lately. My surroundings have been dull and unexciting. I managed to take some random shots that turned out pretty cool. What I didn’t notice was that they all had one thing in common:
Water!
As it turned out, the rain and water that was all around me was a little bit more interesting than I had previously believed. The first one you see below is my favorite. I took this photo from all the way across a room as I was waiting for a class to start. It is a very simple image, but to me, has a very powerful message. In the lower half of the image, there is complete darkness. The water does not come from darkness but is illuminated in light. In order to drink from the fountain, you must expose yourself to the light. This resonated with me as I was sitting there.
I believe that, in some way, this is comparable to the Christian faith. Jesus said to the woman at the well- “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, ‘Give Me a drink,’ you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water…Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life.”  (John 4:10-14)
In order to drink of this Living Water, you must seek the light. Jesus said, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” (John 8:12)
In both of these statements, God is speaking to us. He reveals through His son that eternal life comes only through Christ. Follow the Light of the World to the Living Water. Find one, you will certainly find the other, for they are forever found inseparable in our savior.

2 comments:

  1. I read post before viewing photos. I was expecting puddles, lake, ditch, you got me. Message is great and so right.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...