Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Can -YOU- Judge A Book By Its Cover?


“Don’t judge someone based on how they look on the outside son…”


This concept has been crammed into my mind ever since I was a youngster. I was always taught that I should get to know someone before making decisions about who they were. But why?!
Well, for some people, outward appearances are contradictory to who they really are. We are always told to accept people no matter what they look like because we can’t be certain about their character. This statement is accurate. We cannot be certain about the character of an individual solely based on their appearance.
I contend, however, that it is completely possible to accurately judge people based on theiroutward appearances. Do you believe me? You should! Whether you know it or not, you make snap judgments every day based on physical appearances. Have you ever avoided a man walking down the street simply because he looked suspicious? Have you ever looked at a small child and thought they were just an angel? Have you ever seen somebody smiling and noticed yourself smiling back for no apparent reason? Of course you have.
I am going to begin a social experiment, in which I would for like you to participate. It will either prove or disprove the old saying- “You can’t judge a book by its cover.”  Twice weekly I will post images of complete strangers. Listed below these photos will be a simple list of questions which I believe may be determined by the person’s appearance. I will ask each person to answer these questions about themselves before I post their photo.

How well can you judge people??

Here is your chance to prove yourself:
  • Your job is to answer the questions about the person as well as you can. Your answers are to be posted as comments below each post. Two days after the original post, I will re-post the photograph with the correct answers as given by the subject.
  • Those with the most correct answers will be deemed winners for that week! You could be one of those winners!
  • As incentive for your cooperation in this experiment, I will name each winner [and their blog(s)] in the posts revealing the correct answers.
So… without further delay, here is your first photograph! GOOD LUCK!

Can -YOU- Judge ME By My Cover?


That’s me!

Questions:

  1. How old are they?

  2. Are they an extrovert or introvert?

  3. Are they a cat or dog person?

  4. Do they prefer books or movies?

  5. Would they rather be indoors or outdoors?

  6. What type of music do they like?

  7. Are they athletic or artsy?

(Because this is a photo of me, no answers from family members will be counted)

13 comments:

  1. *Please Note*
    In order for me to select a winner, please include a name/username (as well as your blog's URL) within your response.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sky giving this a go...and not reading your blog ...that would be cheating so

    You are 22 give or take a year
    An a extrovert
    A dog person
    Books
    outdoors
    Alternative Indie type music
    Artsy

    The nice suit is not you...he he

    Thats how I see you...so wrong most likely

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. 32
    2. Introvert
    3. Dog person
    4. Books
    5. Outdoors
    5. Soft rock, pop
    6. Athletic

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were a girl.

    I'm out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. About 25

    Introvert

    Dog person

    Books

    Outdoors

    Rock music

    Artsy

    Lol, I thought you were female too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You all must not follow my posts very closely. I put a ton of things in their content that would lead to me being a guy. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. This 'experiment' sounds cool, it also really made me laugh when people said they thought you were a girl. that's the first post of yours i read so i'm a perfect candidate to just guess stuff up...I'd say:
    - 26...but i'm widely known to get age wrong
    - extrovert
    - dog person
    - you'd say books but really in number you watch more movies than read books
    - outdoors
    - rock?
    - athletic

    lol.

    Antonella

    ReplyDelete
  8. 19
    Introvert
    Dog
    Movies
    Outdoors
    Metal
    Athletic

    And very handsome.....http://dirtycowgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Judging from the picture (and not reading the other posts - yet)...

    you look like you're about mid 20's 25-26 years old.

    You look like an introvert who has no problem making friends.

    I would say you're a cat person who loves movies...

    You're probably indoors more often but enjoys the occasional outdoor activity.

    and lastly I would say you're artsy...

    my username is RIW (aka 50 States) my URL is http://thewordthoughtsblog.blogspot.com/

    (I deleted my previous post as I wanted to include my name and url as you requested).

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh and the music I would say rap...

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. 23
    2. Extrovert
    3. Dogs (I think you own a strong breed)
    4. Movies
    5. Outdoors
    6. Ska/Alternative Rap (I'm thinking Sublime?)
    7. Artsy (who enjoys basketball)

    Username: ScoopsRant
    http://scoopsrant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shit, where did my post go?

    Try again *le sigh*

    1. 20
    2. Extrovert
    3. Dog
    4. Movies
    5. Outdoors
    6. Rock alternative
    7. Artsy

    User name Jamiessmiles
    itsagaylife-jamiessmiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. *Attention!! All answers for this experiment have been collected. Any responses posted after this time will not be counted. Feel free to answer though.

    Look for experiment results within the next few hours! :) Thank you for your participation!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...