Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Sunday, June 26, 2011

It's Been A While...


It’s been a while since I have written a post about random things: how I am feeling, what I have been doing, what’s been on my mind, etc.  That is what this post will be about.
Whats new in my life? Well the newest addition to my life is my new MacBook Pro, along with Aperture 3. I have had TONS of fun with each, and I plan to continue doing so. Because I got a new computer and new photo editing software, my addiction to photography has been reinforced. Today I went out on the streets and took in all of the wonderful and unusual sights known as “downtown.” Here are some of the things I saw:

This dog was just chillin in the shade while his owner played music.

These ladies stand motionless for hours on end, painted and posed as statues. You’d be surprised how many people they fool.

Keepin it classy…

Doin what he loves, and makin some cash while he’s at it…
I love going downtown. I get to see people of all walks of life. I can’t even begin to describe the amount of diversity I see every time I go down there. If I were to name groups of people, I would inevitably leave some out, so I won’t even try. It was beautiful outside today, which made walking the streets a lovely experience. Parking was a pain, as usual. I always hate coughing up $5.00 for a little 10X8 parking spot… Oh well, I guess those people have to make money somehow. They’ll never run out of customers, that’s for sure.
Anywho, what else is going on in my life? Oh yeah, only one of the most important decisions I need to make this year: college! I am currently in between colleges, and I am looking to transfer. The only problem is- School starts in like a month, and I haven’t even been accepted into any of the schools I am looking at yet. Why not? This is because I decided to transfer pretty much after this last semester ended. I didn’t exactly have ample time to make a decision and move on it. Anyways… So I am currently getting transcripts transferred -which by the way is a pain in the butt. Who in the world wants to pay a university to send a transcript somewhere? I’m a broke college kid. Why am I a broke college kid? I am a broke college kid because I give all my money to the university! So naturally, they need more in order to make this transition happen successfully. Go figure.
In other news… the United States just lost to Mexico in the Gold Cup Final. Oh wait, I guess I should call that the Copa Oro now, shouldn’t I? I hate that my country had to lose tonight, but I must tip my hat to the Mexico team. They completely outplayed us and killed our defense. The US passing was horrific. We didn’t come to passes, and we took two or three touches before looking down-field. I have no words for how many chances we gave Mexico’s strikers. Dos Santos was brilliant- he totally took advantage of our insufficient back line. Overall, the game was utterly disappointing. It is a shame that the Final had to be played in California though. The crowd was clearly in favor of Mexico, despite it being within the US.     I mean come on… CALIFORNIA?! Whoever decided to hold the Final there clearly had to know that USA fans would be outnumbered; but I suppose it would be unfair to Mexico to make them play on a pitch that was in favor of USA… they haven’t been able to beat us with home-field advantage in 12 games *including when we beat them in contention for the World Cup. Hopefully next year’s qualification won’t be too far away.
A quick update on my leg-        It is healing. It is easier to walk on most of the time. It is still painful most of the time… which is annoying. I go to see my sports medicine doctor this week to talk about my progress. I plan on asking for PT, despite the surgeons insisting that it was unnecessary. Hogwash. Of course it’s necessary! I broke my femur!! “I have a rod in my leg now, and you wanna tell me that it will just go back to normal on its own? I don’t think so! I don’t know about you, but I actually like using my leg at full strength… I want it back!” – Those are my words for the surgeon. :P
Oh by the way, about Mexico beating the USA… This does have some positive ramifications-
My step-dad plays in a soccer league for men 40+. Seems pretty ordinary right? Well, he plays in a league that is surrounded by latinos. In fact, everyone on his team (except for him and one other person) is hispanic. This is great for me! HAHA I would normally expect them to be raving about Mexico’s victory at their next game. What makes this situation so great is that at the end of their last game, my step-dad taunted every single one of them saying, “I wanna apologize in advance for the US beating Mexico in the Gold Cup Finals.”

He’s the keeper
I can’t wait for all of the crap they give him at the next game. He won’t understand any of it because it will be in Spanish, but I will :) I new taking 6 years of Spanish would pay off!
Last thought of the night-
I need a new mattress.

Oh, one last thing!      If ANYONE out there would like to contribute to my undoubtedly bright future in photography, please feel free to do so. I need a new body (Nikon D3s), and about 3 new lenses (Nikon 14-20mm f/2.8G Wide, 24-70 f/2.8G Wide, and 70-200mm f/2.8G). If you would be interested in making a donation towards me getting any/all of those items, please contact me. I will love you forever. Promise! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, snide remarks...