Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Friday, July 8, 2011

I went to the woods...


I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived. I did not wish to live what was not life, living is so dear; nor did I wish to practice resignation, unless it was quite necessary, I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life…’”
Henry David Thoreau
Don’t confuse wandering aimlessly for living deliberately.
“The steps of a righteous man are ordered by the Lord.” -Psalm 37:23
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” -Jeremiah 29:11
“Your Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path.” -Psalm 119:105
“When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” -John 8:12

2 comments:

  1. @butchdean- Thank you for your feedback! It is nice to hear what people think of writing. Every bit of encouragement helps!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...