Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

What to write about...


This usually doesn’t happen. I typically have tons of subjects that I could write about at any given time. Today, that is not so. I don’t have anything to write about… Not only do I not have anything to write about, I don’t even want to write about anything. I think I might not have anything to write about because I don’t want to write. Or maybe it’s the other way around. Maybe I don’t want to write because I have nothing to write about. *Sigh* Oh well…
So, that whole soliloquy  you see above, that is what I am going to talk about in this blog post. I don’t want to be writing right now.


If I do this methodically, I’ll try and list reasons why I don’t want to write. So here they are:
  • I love to write, but I don’t love writing because it is all I have to do.
  • I am bored
  • I have nothing interesting to do
  • All of the things that might be interesting to do, I can’t do.
  • I can’t do those things because I am either too broke, too carless, too short on time, or too busy.
  • I’m kinda frustrated because my day wasn’t all that great so far and shows very little to no promise of getting better.
  • Other than about 3 people, I am getting very little response from readers. I don’t write these posts just for my own pleasure. (Don’t throw me a guilt comment though, that’s no fun)
  • I’m in emotional limbo right now, which means deep intellectual writing is unexciting and pointless. I’m neither happy nor sad, although I’m certain that I could be close to one or the other.
  • I haven’t had the chance to work on my photography, which means that I have no new photos to post in my blog. I don’t like just having words on the page, so if I have nothing to go along with what I write, the writing itself becomes less exciting.
  • Monotony from my daily routine is settling in, especially because I have nothing to do. Monotony is not good for writers.
  • I haven’t done anything lately that is worth writing about…       I’m a party animal, what can I say?
Question- So, if I don’t even feel like writing, why am I doing it?
Answer- I’ve always heard that it is good for a writer to write something every day. It doesn’t matter what, as long as it’s something…

Well, there’s my something: why I don’t feel like writing something.

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, snide remarks...