Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bound By Reality


I am chained to the ground. I am bound by reality.  I cannot run, I cannot hide,  I cannot close my eyes and pretend that this life is something other than it is.  Decisions must be made.  Hard decisions must be made- the type of decisoins that will affect me for the rest of my life.  I must make these decisions, and I must  make them soon.
I am being interrogated: “What have you done?!  What are you going to do about it?  Own up… Admit your faults.  You have no escape.  This is unavoidable.  Struggle will only increase your pain.”  I am smacked in the face.  “Where are you going?  How are you getting there?”
A blindfold is placed over my face.  I cannot see the light anymore.  Questions pour out and create a drowning sensation.  I cannot breathe. I am dying.  Am I dying?  Make it stop!  This is too much.. this is unbearable.  The answers are there.  I know they are!!  They are available, but I cannot reach them.  These chains are too short.  I am too weak.
Release me!  Let me go! I want to give you the answers… I want to find them for myself.  I must shake off these chains.  I must break free.  I have been bound for too long.  I refuse to let reality restrict me any longer.  I have been bound for too long.  I will be free.
I will be free… Won’t I?
Yes.  I must be free.  I refuse to die in these chains.

4 comments:

  1. Hard fought battles and difficult decisions are often hampered by fighting. Sometimes complete surrender to higher power intervention,results in great victories!

    Chains were never broken during peace, there's usually chaos and then the prison is shaken by supernatural earthquake. Then escape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bearing ones soul takes a lot of courage and means admitting to what is reality at the moment. One must fight on through the barriers (chains)that are keeping one from success and victory. Now is the time to take courage and seek what is the purpose of ones life. You are almost there. Press on to victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or you could become a solipsist and insist that the only reality is your own imagination. Although it is admittedly difficult to escape a reality of your own creation. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. @All-
    Haha thank you for the encouragement! I love the things you all come up with.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...