Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom,

I sit alone, hundreds of miles away from your warm and comforting arms. Your smile cannot reassure me, your hands can not hold me; but your voice remains audible every day. Your words teach me, guide me, lift me up, and give me confidence that I can accomplish the greatest of things.


You have been a mentor- proving instruction and suggestions that will aid me in crucial decisions. 
You have been a therapist- hearing my complaints and taking on the burden of my stress.
You have been a tutor- assisting me with problematic subjects. 
You have been a physician- nursing me back to health despite any wound the world could hit me with. 
You have been a lawyer- defending me when wrongly accused. 
You have been a guardian- protecting me from all attempted assault. 
You have been a caterer- satisfying the needs of countless friends under virtually any circumstance. 
You have been a coach- encouraging me to have fun but pushing me towards the best I can be.
You have been a judge- correcting unsatisfactory behavior and showing me the right path to take. 
You have been a comedian- providing comic relief when all I need to do is laugh a little. 
You have been a designer- giving me new thoughts and ideas for how to improve my life.
You have been a seamstress- tying up loose ends and mending my frayed edges. 
You have been a minister- virtuously serving me and leading me in the paths of righteousness.
You have been a confidante- willingly hearing and securing my deepest fears and desires.


You have been all of these amazing things, but greatest of all:

You have been my MOM!

Mom, 

You are altogether lovely. You have always been exactly what I needed when I needed it. I know without a doubt that I will never find myself in a situation when you aren't all I need you to be. I love you for all that you do, but most of all I love you for loving me. After all you have done, I could never ask any more from you... but to HAVE A GREAT MOTHER'S DAY!!! :) 

With Love, 
Your Son

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, snide remarks...