Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Chill (defined)


C h i l l -

v. to calm down; relax. Also, chill.
adj. the state of being calm; relaxed.

In order to chill:
Inhale..... Exhale.....
Inhale..... Exhale.....
Clear your mind, focusing on nothing

Now, stop reading and do what I just said. I know you didn't do it! You just skimmed over my instructions and kept on going. Typically, that would be ok for you to do. Right now, it isn't.  The whole point of this post is to get you to relax. So go back and do it. Once you've done this for about 1 minute (because your attention span is short and I want you to keep reading this post), you may continue reading.

Feel better? You should. If you completed the steps above as described, you have successfully chilled. Congratulations!  You are now chill.


Chilling and being chill are two very important concepts that need to be  understood and practiced in today's society. People are overly stressed.  There is too much going on all the time. Schedules are crammed till they are bursting at the seams, and people are no longer taking time to relax. This is a problem! 

Not only does being stressed affect the individual, it affects everyone that the individual comes into contact with. Humans play off of the emotions of those around them. Being stressed causes others to either worry, stress, or change the way they react towards you. Do yourself a favor, do me a favor, do everyone else a favor- chill.

Stress isn't worth dealing with. Chilling is fun and removes stress. Trychilling  at least twice a day. You may find yourself smiling just a little bit more!


3 comments:

  1. I'll openly admit, I didn't follow your instructions.
    Kind of reminds me of "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned in Kindergarten" in a way. How, I'm not sure, but it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Alexa- When you say you didn't follow my instructions, do you mean at all or when I first gave them? Haha It's your choice if you would like to follow my instructions or not. You may not need to chill.

    The post was mainly for 1. the older generations who don't understand the term, and 2. People that don't know how to chill. If you already knew how to chill then that's great and I'm glad you're a club member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think maybe I'm too chill.
    What I really need is a fire under my butt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...