Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Friday, May 6, 2011

Twitter Nation

Well... the Twitter nation is growing every day. The question still remains- Is Twitter really for me??


Everyone I know seems to be tweeting all the time, and everyone I know is asking if I have a Twitter. Answer? Yes, I do have a Twitter account (skylarmacrae). Do I use my Twitter account? No, for the most part, I have not used it.

Blogging is a way for me to express myself and explain to others what is going on in my life or how I am feeling about certain things. What do I need Twitter for? Right??? Well, I have come to the conclusion that, although a large majority of my friends have iPhones and can access my blog via the internet, I still would like for them to have easier access to my thoughts.

Twitter is highly accessible and available in many different free applications.  It can be found online as well as used through most  mobile phones. Not only is it easy to get to, but it also provides an outlet that is very different from blogging. Most of the time when I am blogging, I write in  large quantities. What I have found, however, is that I often have short momentary thoughts that I would like to share with my friends and with the world. Can I blog these thoughts? Yes. Is it appropriate for my blog? No. I do not want my blog to be filled with one line updates on my moods or thoughts.

This leads to the question- Well how do I share these amusing and highly interesting one-liners of mine? Answer- Twitter. Yes... it is almost a sad thing, but it is true. Twitter is the perfect outlet for these one shot punches that I need to get out. Do I want to become a Twitter junkie? Absolutely Not. But for the time being, I plan on taking advantage of this outlet. Not only will it help me express myself, but see the ideas and feelings of those who are important to me.

So... here goes nothing...

Look me up if you want to- skylarmacrae

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, questions, snide remarks...