Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rude Awakening(s)

Yesterday was an average night. There wasn't much going on, so I decided to go to bed a little bit early.

"Maybe I'll get caught up on some much needed rest," I thought.

With that in mind, I took some hydro and hit the hay. I had absolutely no problems going to sleep- I had stayed out till 2 or 3 AM every night for the past week. Once I was out, the meds kept me out.  I was in for a great night of sleep.

"The best laid schemes o' mice an' men gang aft agle" - Robert Burns, "To a Mouse"

Mr. Sandman had other plans for me. I had forgotten to turn off my two alarms on my iPhone. This was not a fun discovery to make especially at 5:00 AM. Frustrated with myself, I tried to go back to sleep. 4 hours later, I woke up to moaning and groaning right outside my window. What was going on? Apparently   a group of 8 guys randomly decided to call out the name of a friend as if they were zombies. After being woken up for a second time, I was very close to helping them become part of the 'living dead'. I restrained my anger and let them pass unharmed. Back to sleep.

30 minutes later...

Well, I was able to sleep. I was also able to dream. Guess what I dreamed about! Yep... Zombies attacking me. Thank you annoying indies!! Your antics woke me up yet again. Despite multiple disruptions, I was determined to get my rest, so I went back to sleep.

Could this attempt last very long? Of course not! Within 20 minutes of being asleep, I was once again awake. Why? The blacklight hanging over my window decided to fall and shatter all over my bed.






My white flag was out and waving wildly. I surrendered.

Just one more sleepless night...






2 comments:

  1. Oh dear...

    I thought my halls was bad!! That is a lot of rude awakenings!

    I often get drunk people shouting below my window :( (not to mention the flat next door having a party every other night, it seems...) lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well you pick your poison I guess. I am the party people below you. We have a big sound system hooked up in our room and we bump music all the time (just not passed 11).

    I live in apartment style dorms so we have complexes at each side of us and people above us. We don't really have halls of tons of people to deal with. You have it worse than me in that regard.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...