Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Monday, May 16, 2011

Simply Strenuous.


I know what I want to do. I have a plan, a thought, a desire, a will. I know the basics of what it will take to accomplish this goal I have. I have all this knowledge about what I want to do with my life… Yet for some reason this thing that is so close to my heart and mind seems so very far away.
Desires accomplish nothing. Dreams accomplish nothing. It is only through actions based upon those desires that dreams may come true. As much as I would like to believe it, my dreams will not be handed to me or lie in wait behind a massive bus. Simply telling the driver to move will not give me the key to my new mansion. The majority of us are not sweepstakes winners and the majority of us will never get what we want simply by wishing for it.
I understand that in order to get somewhere I must actually go. I must walk the path. I must drive the course. The sad truth is that I must also abide by the speed limits. Try as I may, rushing things will only cause chaos. Cutting corners might very well cause my dreams to crash and burn. I understand all of these things… but having a lead foot in a life where the speed limit seems to be a constant 35mph is very frustrating.
Knowing what I want to do and not being able to do it is quite simply- strenuous.

4 comments:

  1. Great post. I feel the same way just now :)

    I hope you manage to accomplish your dreams someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have the concept. Now time and effort will bring you your dream and a satisfied life. So many never get the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @RJ - I think that most people who are in my situation (in college trying to get out) feel the same way that we do. By this time, most of us have an idea about what we want to do with our lives. Waiting is the hardest part.
    Im sure both of us will get there someday... Best of luck to you!

    @Anonymous- The concept is key... If I dont undrstand the concept, it will make things even more difficult. Time and effort can get me there, but there's no guarante that my dreams will become a reality with effort. Hopefully they will though. Thanks for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Post. Before reading this i never thought of this side, like never looked at the other side, but now after reading this i see the other side.

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...