Whatever happens to be on my mind... thoughts, memories, desires, moments captured. Unrestricted by criteria, deadlines, expectations, or requests.

Thanks for visiting! Take a sec to look around and see if anything catches your eye. If not, feel free to navigate away. If so, feel free to sit and read a while...

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mind Chase

My mind is racing.
My mind I'm chasing.
Through the past, around the future...
Jumping over painful thoughts,
Running wildly amidst fantasy,
Swimming through a sea of dreams,
My mind is racing,
My mind's escaping.

I'm falling behind, I'm losing sight.
I'm running, I'm pushing with all my might!
My mind is racing.
My mind's escaping.

Burned out, worn down.
I claw my way, I see the sign.
Dead End. I frown.
My mind is racing,
But I'm not chasing.

It seems I've lost my mind.

5 comments:

  1. You have a really unique blog! :)

    Please stop by at my blog ;)
    http://fashionista-marika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't we all lost our minds at one point or another?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say so Alexa. One thing I noticed about comments regarding this post is that people seem concerned about me when they read it. I don't think that losing your mind or having a mind that is racing is necessarily always a negative thing. At the time I was writing it, I was not afraid, nor was I upset. My mind was simply racing. No need to worry about me.

    Thanks for reading!
    -skylarmacrae

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi good poem. i like the "lost my mind" part :)

    story of my life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha well thank you! :) Mine ran away a long time ago. Haven't found it since... Then again, I haven't really been looking for it ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, questions, snide remarks...